Hi & Welcome

Thanks for taking a moment or two to read my blog. I look forward to reading your comments; sharing your thoughts and ideas and visiting you at your blog. You can reach me via email: albertacountrygirl@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Came This Close To Getting A Cake Plate But..............................

See this cake plate here......I believe it is one of the most sought after pieces for the milk glass collectors. Keep in mind that all I have been doing lately is going to garage sales and thrift shops on a fairly regular basis and continue to build up a mighty fine collection which now includes Avon glass. So on my usual weekly journey I thought I had hit the jackpot. Yes a cake plate that was exactly like this one! I could see it from afar. Just to cool my jets a little I wandered throughout the thrift store checking out what other milk glass pieces were in existence so that I could bring it home as well. No luck. Just this plate. So finally I made my way up to it. The price sticker was stuck to the side and it said $3.99. I couldn't believe my eyes. I got sooo excited. I couldn't wait to touch it. I wanted this piece sooo bad. I wanted it in my home. I wanted to bake a dozen cakes just to put it to good use and show off its true beauty. But sadly this just was not meant to be at this time in my life. I picked it up and looked at it. Across the top of it was a browny yellowed line that clearly indicated the crack that was there. The glue that managed to still keep it in one place. The glue that broke my heart and made me sad. But my hopes are not all dashed for these precious pieces of milk glass do exist and I'm bound and determined to have one soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment