Hi & Welcome

Thanks for taking a moment or two to read my blog. I look forward to reading your comments; sharing your thoughts and ideas and visiting you at your blog. You can reach me via email: albertacountrygirl@gmail.com

Monday, June 15, 2009

The Compote Dish



This is one of the earlier pieces of milk glass I had in my collection and of course you currently see it posted as part of an eye catching attraction to have you peek at my blog. The compote dish as it is commonly referred to. Perusing through EBay i thought I had seen one with a lid on it but more common or not it looks as it does in the picture. I wasn't sure at first what a compote was. I have heard the word before but it's not a part of my every day vocabulary. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll of course I looked it up and learned what it means. Right now it sits on my living room coffee table and every time i walk past it it says to me won't you please fill me up with something and soon???!!! It won't be compote at the moment but hopefully something really pretty and really soon. Hmmmm wonder if glittered sea shells will look great!! However a compote dish should have a great accompanying recipe to truly suit its purpose. Here's one that I found that is just right for the current season we are in.

Rhubarb-Apple Compote

2 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb

2 apples peeled, cored and chopped

1/3 cup white sugar

1/2 cup water

Simmer all ingredients on low heat until rhubarb is soft.

You can puree in a processor if you like it extra smooth!

Makes approximately 3 cups.

Refrigerate.

This mixture really adds to hot oatmeal in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Love your blog and all of your milk glass! I haven't posted any in awhile so I better get busy. I have this dish (6 in total) so I used them as dessert bowls too for ice cream, strawberries, etc.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete